Crooked teeth may make you embarrassed to an extent that you cover your mouth when laughing. Other people will never smile no matter how happy they are because they don’t have well-positioned and aligned teeth. You can boost your confidence and start smiling or laughing freely by visiting an orthodontist.
An orthodontist is specialized in ensuring that you get your teeth are aligned, jaws well-positioned, facial muscles adjusted, and bites corrected. They can easily straighten your misaligned teeth and ensure you get a healthy smile. But how do they do this?
How They Align Your Teeth
Depending on how serious your condition is orthodontists may decide to use various appliances. If they are dealing with only your teeth, they can use braces. If the jaws and teeth are misaligned they may give you a headgear which will eventually result in teeth movement into the position you need. They can also involve retainers and aligners/trays to ensure they get the best results in their treatment plan. But which kinds of braces do they use?
Types of Braces
Braces are the commonly used appliances by most patients in Calgary hence you should visit orthodontists Calgary to get your own problem settled. Braces come in diverse sizes, shapes, colors, and makes. That should tell you that there are diverse bracketing systems. The make you have whether invisible or visible depends on how much you are willing to pay. Here are some of the types:
- Metal braces – these are the traditional ones that are commonly used by many people
- Ceramic braces – these are usually of the same color with your teeth hence they are not easily noticed. Many people also prefer these ones because of their invisible nature.
- Damon braces – these are the least noticeable and preferred because of their ease of movement. They rarely cause pain hence their treatment period tends to be shorter. This attracts many patients.
- Invisalign braces – they resemble retainers and are preferred for their invisibility
- Lingual braces – these ones are placed behind the teeth
So why should you visit orthodontists Calgary if you reside around this area?
Why You Should Visit an Orthodontist
- To Boost your self-esteem
If you are not proud of how your smile and teeth look like, you always experience lower self-esteem and self-confidence. That’s why many tend to hide their mouth with their hands. An orthodontist can help you smile confidently.
- To reduce the chances of future dental issues
You might eventually have dental cavities, teeth decay, and gum diseases if you are having protruding teeth, spaces between teeth, and crowding teeth. Undergoing this treatment will contribute to overall dental and oral health.
- To achieve a beautiful smile
Just because you are an adult doesn’t mean an orthodontist can’t align your teeth. There are treatment options for adults including hidden braces, lingual braces, and Invisalign among others. If you are conscious of your smile, then you need this important specialist.
- To gift your child oral health and lifetime smiles
According to AAO, you should take your child to a qualified orthodontist when he or she is at age 7. This will enable the specialist to identify any issue and deal with it as early as at that age. This guarantees your child great and lifetime smiles and dental health.
Visiting Orthodontists Calgary can keep you off from unseen oral and dental problems which arise with age. You can have orthodontic services regardless of your age ranging from a child to an adult. Orthodontic is no longer a teenage treatment.
Leave a Reply