25% of millennials are dependent on masturbation to fall asleep

25% of millennials are dependent on masturbation to fall asleep, a recent survey by Sleepline has found. The survey looked into how people of different age ranges depended on masturbation to fall asleep, as well as how many of these respondents watched porn before bed.

What is Masturbation?

Masturbation is the act of self-stimulation for the purpose of achieving sexual arousal or pleasure. During masturbation and orgasm, a number of hormones are released that link to reduced stress and tension, and heightened mood. Frequent masturbation can prove beneficial to a person’s mental health.

Masturbation for Sleep

We already know that masturbation presents a number of health benefits – namely, research has found it to increase libido, strengthen the pelvic muscles (in women), enhance happiness levels, and even improve the immune system’s response to viral and bacterial pathogens.

Additionally, masturbation has been found to be incredibly beneficial for encouraging a good night’s rest. Regular masturbation is thought to have a calming effect in the central nervous system, relieving tension and promoting better sleep. In men, an orgasm leads to a quick drop in blood pressure, which helps to incite immediate relaxation – which is why it’s common to feel sleepy after masturbation.

Experts say that the hormones released during an orgasm are responsible for not only a greater inclination to fall asleep, but for a deeper sleep throughout the night. “Feel good” hormones like oxytocin, serotonin, and vasopressin promote relaxation and reduced stress, and are linked to the production of melatonin, which we need to regulate our sleep cycles.

It’s also thought that masturbation can help you to wake up more quickly in the morning, because orgasms release a chemical called norepinephrine, which is involved in the ascending arousal system.

The Sleepline Survey Results

Sleepline’s February 2020 survey polled 1103 Americans of all ages, genders and races. The survey found that 25.76% of gen Z and 25% of millennials reported masturbation dependency to fall asleep, while 6.57% of generation X (those aged 40-54 years old) reported to be dependant.

The sleep study also looked into the time of the day study participants were more likely to masturbate – before falling asleep at night, or in the morning, after waking up. Results showed that millennial respondents masturbated 66.15% before sleep, 13.93% after waking up, while the generation Z-ers masturbated 72.73% before sleep, 8.33% after waking up, while the. The gen X respondents showed slightly different results, with 58.9% reporting to masturbate before sleep, and 17.68% after waking up.

Finally, the study looked asked respondents whether they watched porn before they went to bed. Results showed that 86.36% of gen Z respondents did, compared to 71.35% of millennials and 50.51% gen x-ers. The study concluded that there was an overall porn-watching percentage of 69.36%, which highlighted that both gen z and millennial respondents watched porn at an above-average level before sleep, while gen x-ers watched a below-average level.

The survey provides a new interesting insight into the masturbation habits of all ages and genders in the US. Of the survey respondents, 63.83% were male, while females made up the remaining 36.17%.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*