The Ketogenic diet has gained significant popularity in recent years. It has proven to deliver results on several fronts. The diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. These diets can improve cholesterol, lower blood pressure and balance blood sugar. They can also curb your appetite, assist in weight loss and prevent or even reverse pre-diabetes/diabetes. Keto is even more effective when one adds the MCT oil supplement into their diet.
Following is a list of 7 Benefits of a Low Carb/Ketogenic diet.
1. Weight Loss: Research indicates that above average weight loss can occur when people adopt a low carb/keto diet. Weight loss will vary depending on total caloric intake, physical activity and how low each person can restrict their carb consumption. If multiple tactics are observed such as cutting calories, reducing carbohydrates, increasing exercise and eating the right foods they can expect multiple benefits just beginning with weight loss.
2. Reduced Appetite: A low carb/keto diet often results in changes to your overall appetite.
3. Lower and Balanced Blood Sugar: High sugar, high carb lifestyles can make weight loss almost impossible. When the body has all the fuel it can handle in the form of sugar and other carbohydrates, the possibility of burning fat for fuel is virtually non-existent. A Ketogenic diet delivers the obvious (weight loss) but also promotes more even blood sugar levels.
4. Low Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is one of risk factors for heart disease and stroke. Lowering and keeping blood pressure low is a very important part of lowering risks. The low carb/keto lifestyle can help keep blood pressure under control.
5. Cholesterol: Carbohydrate restriction has been shown to increase blood levels of HDL-cholesterol.
6. Insulin Resistance: Reducing carbohydrates significantly lowers insulin resistance compared to a simple low-fat diet.
7. Improved Skin Complexion: A low-carb lifestyle could benefit overall complexion. Cut carbs, and make room for healthy fats, and a person’s skin is the winner.