When it comes to overall physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, satisfying sex is key at any age. Sexual dysfunction is nothing to be embarrassed about – many women experience some form of it, with studies showing that 60% of women are dissatisfied with their sex life. Further, the pleasure gap is real: only 33% of women reach an orgasm every time during male-female sexual encounters versus 75% of men – and 30% of women have trouble climaxing at all.
With so much attention on men’s sexual health this past decade, it’s about time the focus shifted to women’s sexual health. So ladies, are you ready for more out of sex?
Here are five tips on how to achieve your best orgasm:
- Gut Health: who would have known, but a healthy gut is crucial to orgasm. An imbalanced gut can affect your sex life negatively, and is related to the quality of your orgasm. Hormones contained in the gut, if out of sync, can impact the reproductive hormones that maintain the body’s sexual function. So, improve your gut health in order to improve your sex life.
- Self Esteem: low self-esteem can have dire consequences on your sex life. Women plagued with feelings of inadequacy, insecurities about their weight and appearance, and emotional instability will inevitably bring these issues to the bedroom. This in turn inhibits full sexual expression and the ability to reach orgasm. So take some actionable steps to get your mind right and boost your self-esteem in order to experience your best sex yet.
- Creativity: let’s face it, nothing beats sex with a new partner. But as time passes, we tend to become stagnant with our lovemaking and rather uncreative. So, force yourself to become creative with your love life again, and you’ll be amazed with the results. Don’t blame the kids or the dog… There is always a way to have intimacy with your partner and it can be the pure, unfiltered ecstasy that is used to be.
- Care for your Clitoris: look after your clitoris – its sole function is sexual pleasure. Give it some love and consider sound wave technology, with an innovative procedure called Cliovana that boosts the process of regenerating cells in the genitals resulting in improved blood flow and nerve endings to the clitoris. As your body is constantly regenerating cells, Cliovana boosts the process which can lead to an increase in clitoral responsiveness leading to increased arousal, and lubrication, increased orgasm intensity and frequency and greater overall sexual satisfaction.
- Revive the Vulva: this is the gateway to your sexual pleasure. If rejuvenation is needed, try the O-Shot, an injectable that works by utilizing your body’s own platelet-rich plasma, which is injected into specific areas of the vagina. It’s a short 30-minute procedure that requires no recovery time. It aligns the vagina perfectly for better sex with results ranging from increased sensation and natural lubrication, stronger and more frequent orgasms, increased ability to have a vaginal orgasm and greater arousal from clitoral stimulation. It can even improve the appearance and skin tone of the vulva.
Dr Julianne Arena, a double board certified physician and educator, is passionate about women’s sexual health and intimacy, and looks at it with a multi-layered approach.