When it comes to mattress shopping, there are so many things to consider. The main question to answer is this: What mattress does your body needs?
Since there are a lot of mattresses available in the market today, it can be quite confusing what type to get. So, to assist and guide you in making this big purchase, read this article first for our simple, but very effective tips and reminders.
- If you are petite, experts recommend a mattress that is on the softer side (not too soft though). According to studies, a mattress that is too firm can give pains and aches in your shoulder areas. In addition to this, a very firm mattress will also deviate your spine away from its proper alignment.
- For those on the heavier side, you should always go for thicker mattresses since it is more comfortable. It will also provide you the additional cushioning that you need. Once option for you is the pillow top mattress. If you want, you can also check out mattress toppers in addition to your original mattress.
- If you are pregnant, there are also a lot of things to consider. For example, if you are already in your last trimester, it is more likely than not that you are already suffering from low back pain already. If that is your problem, then you should consider getting the memory foam type. It can follow the contours of your body, which can help lessen or alleviate the pain that you are experiencing. You should also look for a mattress that has the ability to stay cool all throughout the night.
- If you have difficulty staying asleep at night because of your partner who always tosses and turns, then memory foam is for you. Because of the materials used in developing it, the movements that you will feel are very minimal. It is also known for its ability to follow the contours of the body, thereby reducing pressure on areas such as joints, back and shoulders. Another good thing about it is that it is available in different firmness and support levels so you can choose depending on your preference.
- If you are prone to allergic reactions from harsh chemicals, the latex is a great choice for you. With this mattress type, you do not have to worry anymore that you will develop breathing and skin irritation problems since the material used is a naturally-derived product. Also, since it is aerated, you will surely have a comfortable sleep at night and will not end up feeling too hot.
- For those who are experiencing shoulder and back pains, then innerspring types is one of the good options for you. It provides enough supports through its coils and still very comfortable.
- You should also consider your usual sleeping position. As a guide, if you sleep on your side, you should go for a mattress that will be able to support your body weight and has the ability to relieve pressure. If you sleep on your stomach, a firm type of mattress is ideal. If you are always sleeping on your back, choose a mattress that will be able to keep the proper alignment of your back while you are sleeping.
- If you want to enjoy various features from different mattress types, then you should check out the hybrid style. This mattress has the capability to provide great support. They also usually have motion isolation feature, which is ideal if you are sleeping with a partner who loves to toss and turn.
One important thing to remember is that comfort and preference are subjective. With this in mind, it is truly important to know what your body needs in order to come up with the best choice when buying a new mattress. Just always bear in mind that while there are so many options available, you can always narrow down your choices by doing proper research first. But before you start checking Google, just like what we have mentioned earlier, know what you want first. Be aware what your body needs and start from there. Good luck and happy shopping!