We are all looking to find ways to support our immune system. Eating extra helpings of fruits and veggies is one way, and adding a regular supplement routine is another. But this time of year we always look for some special summer treats.
Here are a few Immune Boosting Recipes that are exactly what you need to help keep your body in tip top shape. Easy to make, taste great and fun snack additions- check these recipes out!
Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 date
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I like to use Greek Yogurt)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons almonds, soaked
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve!
- any size melon (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew)
- honey or agave
- Scoop the melon out of the rind and place in a blender. Optional, add a squeeze of honey or agave if you want to make the ice pops sweeter.
- Blend until smooth and pour into ice pop molds.
- Freeze 6 hours to overnight, until frozen through, and serve.