Are you feeling sluggish, bloated, or chronically tired? It’s probably high time to detox your body and free it of bad things that are weighing you down.
The liver is at the center of the body’s way to naturally detoxify, aided with relevant products to speed up the process. A Johns Hopkins expert notes that keeping your liver healthy means treating it well. This means being mindful of what to eat and drink and sweating out the bad stuff.
Cycling easily fits into the definition of an activity that improves your overall physical fitness. It also reduces stress, which can block your body’s efforts to cleanse and heal itself.
Liver, the Main Detoxifying Agent
Before you explore the role of cycling in the overall detox plan, it’s relevant to read a brief explanation on what the liver does.
The liver has been likened to the body’s filtration system as it deals with toxins, converting them into waste products and cleansing the bloodstream. The nutrients left will be absorbed by the body.
This toxin neutralization in the liver works in two phases. The first phase is about making the toxins water-soluble. The second is taking them out of the body through urine and stool.
As pollutants pile up in the system, the liver becomes burdened and even damaged. This pileup can also hamper the functioning of mitochondria, considered as power generators of the cell. Your body may find it hard to burn fat for energy, thus the feeling of sluggishness and weight gain, as applicable.
With the vital role the liver plays, it’s no wonder that juices and dietary supplements center on cleansing this organ and improving its functions.
How Can Cycling Detox the Body?
Cycling is an aerobic exercise and a cardio workout that mainly targets the heart and lungs. When you take out the bicycle or ride it indoors (spinning classes may be included), you increase your heartbeat and breathe faster or deeper. More oxygen enters the body, and this supply gets delivered to the liver and all other organs.
When you regularly cycle or exercise, for that matter, you strengthen your heart, which pumps blood more efficiently. The blood is critical to the organs’ health because it carries nutrients.
The increased circulation has a profound impact on the body’s detoxification of harmful things:
- Skin cells can flush out toxins, and this results in looking younger.
- Major muscle groups are utilized, burning body fat in the process. Notably, body fat stores toxins, which are the target of this exercise. Given a certain level of intensity, the exercise can raise the metabolic rate and aid in weight loss.
- The way cyclists are seated can have a negative impact on their gut. However, this pressure or stimulation on the digestive tract can result in frequent bowel movements. Aside from eliminating the body’s waste, the activity also reduces the feeling of bloatedness.
- The brain gets a good change of mood with the release of endorphins. These neurotransmitters are the body’s natural stress busters and painkillers.
By taking care of toxins and excess body fats, cycling removes a chunk of the liver’s workload. As you cycle and put in the right amount of intensity, you will find yourself healthy and active. Going beyond the heart rate and measuring performance in quantifiable terms can lead you to power meters. Athletes and fitness folks use this device to train, plan, and set goals.
A Detox Plan That Works
What’s on your detox menu?
- Go easy on coffee and alcohol. If you can get rid of them altogether, the better.
- Eat vegetables and fruits with the right mix of fiber and protein.
- Increase the intake of nutrients that aid in liver detoxification.
- Drink lots of water.
- Ride every day or on weekends, taking into account the intensity of the workout.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to detox. For every kind of foreign element in the body, there’s a specific approach. Think about illegal substances and how hard it is to cleanse the body of them.
While you may not have been using certain substances recently, their traces can remain, and their presence can have significant implications to your current undertakings. As you work toward healthy living, you can look into these detox programs that offer to get rid of the toxins as you need it.
You can certainly do more to help your body deal with harmful things that can wreak havoc in your life.
Leave a Reply