It has been a long winter and slowly, but surely, the weather is warming up and summer is on its way. Having said that, let’s look at how we can trim that belly fat and get your bikini body in one month.
While it seems rather strange to eat when trying to lose weight, in fact, having breakfast in an hour of waking up keeps cholesterol levels low and insulin levels steady, which kickstarts the metabolism. Healthy breakfasts should have a protein, some fibers and should contain as less refined sugar as possible.
2. Avoid Stress
There is evidence to suggest that the secretion of cortisol, which is a hormone in your body that produces in times of stress, is linked to an increase in belly fat. This is what we suggest in order to minimize stress levels throughout the day:
- Sleeping is highly beneficial and necessary for the body so ensure that you get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Personal time: Try to find time for yourself every day. Fifteen minutes are enough to clean your mind from the negative thoughts and relax.
- Avoid working in your bedroom as much as possible. This way, your mind, and body will know that the bedroom is a safe zone, from the busy daily environment.
3 Walk as much as possible
Studies show that men, who have reduced their daily steps, without changing the diet they are on, lead to a belly fat increase of 7% in 2 weeks. In order to stay in shape, make sure you get a pedometer and aim to increase the number of daily steps you take. If you have a sedentary job, stand up and walk for 30 steps every 30 minutes. One other thing that you should always do of course is take stairs instead of elevators and go for walks instead of driving, whenever possible!
4 Whole grains are the way forward
If you’ve not yet switched out refined grains for whole grains, you should do this immediately. Whole Grains help the glucose and insulin response in your body and hasten the melting of fat. Another thing to consider is avoiding white grains, instead change those for brown wheat bread and wild brown rice.
5 Hydrate your body
Drinking plenty of water throughout the day heightens processes directly linked to weight loss. In addition, water keeps waste and toxins out of the body and improves overall health.
- Drink about 6 -8 glasses of water a day.
- You can tell you’re sufficiently hydrated if and when your urine runs almost clear. In case it’s still yellow, drink some more water.
- Think about reducing alcohol and sugary drinks like Coke, Pepsi, diet drinks and carbonated beverages. All of the latter, are detrimental to your efforts to lose that excess body weight. All a healthy diet needs are water and fresh fruit juices when it comes to beverages.
Those are the 5 most effective ways to manage your body weight and make sure that you don’t forget to exercise, whenever you can. Another thing that we have to mention is that the body is only as strong as its mind, so keep yourself motivated and ready to face any challenges ahead!