Hair fall is one of the annoying issues that many of us are familiar with. Losing hair in abundance is one of the major issues we face from time to time, but unfortunately, sometimes this hair loss becomes permanent and can give a hard time. It means your hair needs the utmost care and repair which it deserves and you have to be super careful about it. Take out time to rejuvenate your beauty, eat healthily and help your hair grow properly. Let’s see what all we have for you and how good is vitamin E for hair growth.
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble and anti-inflammatory vitamin which is chemically known as Alpha-Tocopherol. This special vitamin offers a variety of beauty and health benefits. Vitamin E is an exceptional antioxidant that helps to rebuild and repair aged tissues. When this vitamin is applied on the scalp, it helps repair damaged follicles and reduces inflammation, so that later healthy follicles can freely promote hair growth. Vitamin E is available both in the form of pills, shampoo and dietary supplements in all the leading drugstores around the world. This vitamin has gone popular with time as one of the best hair care vitamins, so let’s see how well it can work for your hair.
What Does Vitamin E Do For Your Hair?
With multiple benefits, vitamin E can be one good solution to all your hair problems. As we all know that a healthy scalp is the main foundation of better hair health and beauty, this health benefit will promote hair growth and will also stop hair loss. There are a number of things that determine the health of a scalp such as oil production, pH levels, follicle health and circulation of blood towards the scalp. Using vitamin E can help you balance these different variables, ensuring that your hair grows strong and healthy along with offering many other following benefits:
Vitamin E Benefits:
As vitamin E and hair growth works side by side, there are a number of benefits that this vitamin offers.
● Normalizes Oil Production and pH Level:
Not to ignore, the main reason behind hair fall is imbalanced pH levels or excessive production of oil on the scalp. Such scalp issues can cause excess hair loss that may result into thinning hair, baldness or alopecia. With a lot of dryness on the scalp, the sebaceous glands go into overdrive and start producing excess oil than usual. This excess oil starts to block the hair follicles, resulting in dandruff and itching, and at the end hair fall. Vitamin E oil is a hair care product that can provide necessary moisture to the scalp and will also calm the over-excited sebaceous glands while beautifully balancing the pH levels.
● Regulates Blood Circulation:
Using vitamin E can broaden the blood vessels that will make the circulation of blood smooth and will also prevent it from clotting. A soft vitamin E massage on the scalp can ensure improved blood circulation along with better optical nourishment towards the hair follicles. This therapy will help the follicles to work more efficiently while promoting better hair growth. Taking vitamin E pills or tablets can also help you regulate blood circulation in your body.
● Conditions Hair:
Vitamin E has one strong emollient property of conditioning the hair. It is extremely good at locking moisture in the shaft of the hair, providing a maximum condition. Using vitamin E regularly can eliminate dryness, resulting in strong and smooth hair. Nowadays, vitamin E can be found in many known shampoos, conditions and other hair care products.
● Strong Antioxidant:
Vitamin E is known as one of the finest and rich antioxidants that can help neutralize free radicals that mainly cause damage to hair and scalp. Such use of this vitamin will keep your hair follicles free from any type of damage while fighting breakage and split-ends. Vitamin E capsules can be used to take benefit from this antioxidant activity.
Symptoms of Vitamin E Deficiency:
Here are the symptoms of vitamin E deficiency:
Vitamin E Deficiency Symptoms in Infants:
- Delayed growth and loss of weight.
- Retrolental fibroplasia (Eye disease).
- Physical and mental development problems.
- Poor eating and digesting habits.
Vitamin E Deficiency Symptoms in Children:
- Muscle weakness.
- Slow growth.
- Dysarthria (Speech delay).
- Ptosis (Upper eyelid drooping).
- Loss of position senses and vibration.
- Paralysis in eyes.
- Limb and truncal ataxia.
- Liver diseases causing a neurological shortfall.
- Weak muscle movements.
Vitamin E Deficiency Symptoms in Adults:
- Aging spots.
- Poor sex drive.
- Abnormalities in liver, muscle, brain and bone marrow.
- Neurological damage.
- Low red blood cell count.
- Mild anemia.
Vitamin E Deficiency Symptoms in General:
- Muscular weakness.
- Leg cramps.
- Slow process of tissue healing.
- Loss of hair or dry scalp.
- Gastrointestinal diseases.
Vitamin E Foods:
- Almonds: Almonds are one of the richest natural foods with countless benefits. They are rich in fiber that can aid digestion and prevent many digestive issues. The best thing is to eat raw almonds or consume almond oil or almond milk.
95 g of Almonds = 24.9 mg of Vitamin E.
- Peanut Butter: This spread is high in calories but contains fiber that can help reduce weight. It also carries magnesium that is good for bones, hair, and skin.
258 g of Peanut Butter = 23.2 mg of Vitamin E.
- Wheat Germ Oil: Among all plants, wheat germ oil has the highest quantity of vitamin E. it is present in unrefined, cold-pressed and organic forms.
218 g of Wheat Germ Oil = 326 mg of Vitamin E.
- Avocado: Avocados are one of the richest and yummiest natural foods on the planet that contain vitamin E. They are very creamy and rich in taste. Eating avocado is good for the growth of better hair.
150 g of Avocado = 3.1 mg of Vitamin E.
- Kiwi: Kiwi fruit is rich in vitamin E and will help boost your immunity. They help treat insomnia because it contains serotonin.
177 g of Kiwi = 2.6 mg of Vitamin E
Hair Products with Vitamin E
● OGX Beauty’s Vitamin E Conditioner:
Conditioning your hair thrice a week with this conditioner will improve the growth and health of your hair.
● Nitro Hair Cream with Vitamin E:
After shampooing, take a little amount of this cream and apply from root to tips for better hair care.
● OGX Beauty’s Vitamin E Shampoo:
Using this shampoo on a daily basis can improve the thickness and beauty of your hair.
● TRESemme Luxurious Moisture with Vitamin E Conditioner:
This condition is best for dry and damaged hair and using this thrice-weekly can give better results.
● Palmer’s Hair Food Formula:
This hair crème comes with vitamin A, D, E and protein. Applying it after a shampoo will nourish and condition your scalp and hair thoroughly.
Can Too Much Vitamin E Cause Hair Loss?
According to different researches, taking a heavy amount of vitamin E might cause the chances of developing prostate cancer in men. Its high dose can also cause diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, stomach cramps, blurred vision, headache, bleeding, bruising and rashes.
After all these savvy details about vitamin E, we can conclude that it is always better to use the right amount at the right time as the excess of everything is bad. Always go for a healthy balanced diet that is a good combination of all possible vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Never lose hope and never neglect any part of your body especially your hair.